Horry County Wills and Estates
Pictured is the Horry Court Court House and an old home in the County. Horry County was incorporated in 1801 and was taken from the Pee Dee region of the State. It was named after Peter Horry, who was born in South Carolina ca 1743, Revolutionary War Hero who was elected captain, later elected to the Provincial Congress of South Carolina to serve the 1st and 2nd Regiments. In 1790, he was assigned to the South Carolina Militia under Brigadier General Francis "Swamp Fox" Marion. The county itself was completely surrounded by water, which forced the inhabitants to survive virtually without any assistance from the "outside world". This caused the county residents to become an extremely independent populace, and they named their county "The Independent Republic of Horry&uot;.
Probate Records Available to Members of South Carolina Pioneers
Horry County Wills (transcripts), 1799-1818
- Horry County Administrator's Bond 1803-1818
- Index to Horry County Wills
- Index to Horry County Will Book A (1799-1818)
- Index to Horry County Will Book B (1819-1821)
- Index to Horry County Will Book C (1841-1857)Testators: Robert Anderson, Joseph Atwater, William Bryan, Michael Clardy, Robert Daniels, Samuel Dawsey, James Elks, John Foley, Samuel Foxworth, B. W. Gause, John Grainger Sr., Samuel Grainger, Thomas Grainger, John Hardy, Robert Jordan, William Jordan Sr., Thomas King, Daniel Kirkland, Daniel Lewis, Rachel Lewis, William Lewis, William Henry Lewis, Thomas Livingston, Robert Lowremore, David McKelduff, Daniel McQueen, Peter Nicholson, William Norton, William Parker, Arthur Pinner, William Pips, Joel Pitman, Thomas Ready, John Rogers, Richard Singleton, William Snow, Josias Tillman, Charles Vereen, William Vereen, William Waller.
Need to know if your ancestors left a will or estate record? An easy, quick (and free) way to find out is to click on the links below.
County Records of 8 Genealogy Websites
|BUNDLE RATE for 8. Access to all eight websites plus additional data in other States: Bibles, genealogies, civil war records, colonial records, marriages, wills, estates, special collections, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin.|
Membership to 8 Genealogy Websites - Reoccurring subscription with guaranteed low rate
|REOCCURRING SUBSCRIPTION WITH PAYPAL = $150 per year. Guaranteed low rate so long as your subscription continues to renew itself. You may unsubscribe at any time, however, to prevent the reoccurring charge, you must "cancel" before the renewal date. To do this, login to your PayPal account and select the cancel option.|
|About your password. Please allow up to 2 hours for your password. If not received in a timely manner, click to send reminder|